Q: I am a 19 years antique man. I am going to the USA for my undergraduate training. My hassle is that I do not need to go away domestic. I actually have near ties with my family and cousins. I’m very close to my mom. Also, I don’t suppose I can manipulate alone. My father is calling me to ‘guy up’ and discover ways to be independent. He says I need awesome training. Can I not have a look at my personal country? How do I convince my family that I cannot manipulate myself and that I am terrified and depressed?
Ans: Hi! Despite your reluctance, your first sentence begins on a destiny tone of “I am going to….” I consider that you are feeling quite involved that you will not be able to manipulate by yourself, as you’re very near your family and cousins. And I inspire you to ponder on bodily distance because it does not always imply that you will distort yourself from the circle of relatives for your heart. Also, thanks to technology, you can continually feel near them by sharing statistics, advice, anecdotes through WhatsApp, Skype, movies, and so on.
You can have family meetings using an era and can be creative the way you do it. Being close to your mother is pretty herbal, however, you furthermore may need to create your own area to grow, as you explore your identification in new areas. You can try to talk about your closeness to family, to experience the emotional connection, no matter wherein you are. I suggest you try to not maintain it towards your father for wanting you to ‘Find the courage,’ even though he doesn’t see your factor of view but, possibly in his eyes, living on one’s very own is an important existence skill thinking about you’ve got reached maturity.
Also, pursuing beneath-grad courses in India is constantly a choice, but you have not cited your topics of interest and goals for yourself. Your admission overseas is already in the vicinity, and you have to depart a while for the instructional year. Keeping reluctance apart, reflect onconsideration on the possibility that lies ahead for you, and it seems like your father has an ambition for you.
Why now not discover that? When you perceive this as punishment or tribulation, you will omit the possibility of developing and enjoying the sector. Also, you could have an honest communication approximately why this is critical to him, and what he sees as your ability. Communication is the key. Your worry and worry about not coping with on your own is your principal difficulty right here. Being near their own family and cousins, one tends to now not realize that they’re developing the strength to be on their own. Please searching for a few counseling assist in picking out the root for the fear.
1. It could be self-esteem troubles
2. History of bullying
3. Underdeveloped existence talents like fending for self
4. Missing peer function models
5. Managing price range
6. The general tendency for tension
For all this, we want to
1. Start with the simple steps of studying fundamental life competencies
2. Reaching out approximately perceived issues
3. Developing interpersonal competencies so that making friends is easier
4. Check how a lot of your seniors are pursuing what guides
4. In your desire of route, look for the fulfillment stories
6. Inform yourself about the system, lodging, guidelines, and lifestyle well in advance so that the transition is less complicated. There are lots of YouTube films describing college life overseas and guidance for it. College/university counselors also are quite useful in counseling.